Healthcare || PCMA Doctors Association
PCMA Doctors Association India has made rapid strides in the health sector since independence. However, various eye opening data from clearly indicate that access to healthcare still remains a challenge.
PCMA Doctors AssociationIn such a scenario a mobile healthcare services delivery system is the most practical mechanism. And in subscription to this view, Smile Foundation has initiated the Smile on Wheels programme. This is a unique mobile hospital programme that seeks to address problems of mobility, accessibility and availability of primary healthcare with a special focus on children and women, in urban slums and remote rural areas.
The major objectives of PCMA Doctors Association are as follows:
- To serve the people irrespective of caste, creed, language or religion in their effort to attain and live an adequate life;
- To study, undertake, promote and assist gender focused development efforts;
- To provide assistance to social-economically marginalized groups of people in pursuance of their career/livelihood;
- To work for economic development of the masses particularly through empowerment of human faculty in the fields of income generation;
- To undertake integrated area development activities by way of:
- Creating, preserving, maintaining social, cultural and economic infrastructures, and
- Undertaking such other activities, which may be deemed necessary for integrated area development;
- To work for promotion of collaboration in developmental endeavors by way of networking, collaborating and cooperating with organizations globally having objects wholly or in part similar to those of the PCMA Doctors Association.